Tuesday, March 14, 2017

One-two, one-two, one-two, one-two,
I count the beats standing next to the bar
The bar is crowded but the beats don't seem to add up
I take another shot of whiskey and the haze around my eyes disappear for a moment
I take that moment to gaze around at the sight of disco lights obstructed by the sweaty shoulders in my personal bubble

I look up
There are lights flashing
A millisecond of bright lights after a millisecond of darkness after a millisecond of brightness
It seems as if all the souls jampacked between these walls are stuck in some sort of a trance

One-two, one-two, one-two, one-two,
I still can't count the beats
tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock,
I see time fly past me as I buy another shot of watered down whiskey

Each shot smoother than the last
Each breath heavier than the last

I take a step away from the bar towards the dance floor
Everywhere was the dance floor
I take one step and my personal bubble behind me gets filled with strangers

I sigh
I feel my breath approaching my nostrils
I feel sigh leaving my nostrils
It adds to the carbon dioxide density in the room
It is warm inside

I take another step
I see a girl with her eyes closed
She has her arms to her sides
She has her head leaning slightly backwards
She has her hips moving, sideways, from left to right to left to right to left
I see another girl with her eyes closed
I see another girl with her eyes closed

One-two, one-two, one-two, one-two,
At this point I should just give up
This counting beats thing isn't working
Copy-paste, copy-paste, copy-paste
I see a few girls with their eyes closed
I see a few guys with their eyes closed
I see a few guys looking at the-girls-with-their-eyes-closed
I see a few guys looking at the girls, with their eyes closed
I see a few girls smiling and I see a few guys smiling

I see a few couples dancing together
I see a few strangers dancing together

Copy-paste, copy-paste copy-paste
People at the bar dancing, people at the dance floor dancing, people in the line to the coat check dancing

And I see the red dressed, red lipsticked, black haired you... dancing

No comments:

Post a Comment

හිතුන දේ දැනගන්න ආසයි