Sunday, November 20, 2016

Minds

Lines on a table and twenty dollar bills rolled into rolls
spec by spec the dust disappearing into the night sky
magicians given their powers and singers given voices
I see the best minds of my generation dancing on their knees

Adult torsos in suits with whiskey on ice in their hands
sitting around on tables adjacent to the centre stage
chatting with their nonexistent heads about political correctness
I see the best minds of my generation up and down the pole

Waiting in line for the receptionist to call your name at some point
reading random magazines on the table top looking at death on TV
talking to doctors, therapists, counselors about daily dosages of whatever
I see the best minds of my generation masking their minds with pills

Between the pages of textbooks and notes taken with bad handwriting
spending nights at libraries and in front of computers at labs
chugging caffeine all day, all night, all life for the brain to not shut down
I see the best minds of my generation numbing themselves in front of screens

In the wrong side of history because those with power said so
physics and chemistry and engineering and applied math
in factories and underpaid or in prisons or their faith is the wage
I see the best minds of my generation dissolving into numbers

At rallies and protests and hunger strikes under tear gas
in front of rubber bullets and pain and intense passion
behind bars for weeping about dead brothers and sisters
I see the best minds of my generation bound and whipped and broken to pieces

At bars, on rooftops, on empty pools, on the road, on parks and benches
on alcohol, on weed, on adderall, on molly, on morphine, on heroin, on life,
at parties, at clubs, at school, at lectures, at home, in jail, in rehab, at work
I see the best minds of my generation losing their minds

No comments:

Post a Comment

හිතුන දේ දැනගන්න ආසයි