Monday, August 24, 2015

If I could write like you


If I could write like you,
I would write about
your beautiful misty eyes
those that speak to me
when our voices
stay quiet
I would write about
how your smile
comes over to me
and holds my heart
and makes it skip
a beat
I would write about
all those nights when
you would roam around
in the loneliest
and the coldest and darkest
parts of my dreams
and lightens my
nights
I would write about
nights of letters
chats and calls
and long hours
spent conversing
about
everything from
the Earth
to the end of the
universe...

But I can't write
like you can
and this pen
and this piece of paper
would testify to that..

And I'm glad I can't
for now I have
the time
and the mental space
to love you

Not caged in
press boxes
not enslaved by
those wanting
that autograph
on their personal copy
of whatever I would
write

I would have
the time
to take care of you,
to show you
your worth that
they can't show
and you don't have the time to
see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

හිතුන දේ දැනගන්න ආසයි